Last Updated: 5/19/2022
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The categories of personal information we collect depend on how you interact with us. We collect information that you provide to us, automatically when you use our Services, and from other sources such as organizations.
A. Information You Provide to Us Directly
We collect information that you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information directly from you when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information that we collect include name, email address, postal address, phone number, and any other information you chose to provide. Additionally, if you make a purchase, we work with a third-party payment processor to collect and process your payment information.
B. Information Collected Automatically
- Device and Usage Information. We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use to access the Services, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, user settings, MAC address, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other unique identifiers, browser or device information, your approximate location as derived from IP address, and Internet service provider. We also collect information regarding your activity on our Services, such as pages that you visit before, during, and after using our Services, information about the links you click, the types of content you interact with, the frequency and duration of your activities, and other information about how you use our Services.
- Transactional Information. When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and the date and location of the transaction.
- Information Collected by Cookies, Pixel Tags/Web Beacons, and Similar Tracking Technologies. We, as well as third parties that provide content, advertising, or other functionality on our Services, use tracking technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, local storage, and other technologies (“Technologies”) to collect information about your interaction with our Services. Cookies are small text files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience. Pixel tags (also known as “web beacons”) are electronic images that we use on our Services and in our emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. See “Your Choices” below to understand your choices regarding these Technologies.
C. Information Collected from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from other merchants that run on the OpenStore platform. We may also collect information about you from third-party services and organizations such as: identity verification services, financial services providers, data brokers, advertising networks, data analytics providers, or mailing list providers. This information may include identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, or other similar identifiers, and inferences reflecting your consumer preferences, characteristics, and predispositions. Additionally, if applicable, if you create or log into your account with us through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service, or a social networking site, we will have access to certain information from that application, such as your name, birthday, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such application.
2. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to provide our Services and deliver the products you request, to customize your experience with us, and to improve and develop new products and services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by us, other merchants that operate on the OpenStore platform, and others (see the “Your Choices” section below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Evaluate potential acquisitions of new OpenStore merchants;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our products and Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see on third-party platforms and websites (for more information, see the Marketing and Advertising section below);
- Personalize the advertisements you see when you use our Services based on information provided by our advertising partners or by other merchants that operate on the OpenStore platform;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity and help protect the rights and property of OpenStore and others;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- We may share the personal information we collect with other merchants owned and operated by OpenStore.
- We share with vendors that access personal information to perform work for us, such as companies that assist us with IT support, web hosting, payment processing, customer service, banking and legal services, insurance, and related services.
- If you provide a product review or otherwise share content on our Services, we share this information publicly/with other users of our Services.
- We may disclose personal information if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- We may share personal information if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of OpenStore, our users, the public, or others.
- We share personal information with our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
- We may share personal information in connection with, or during negotiations concerning, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
- Personal information is shared between and among OpenStore’s current and future parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership.
- We share personal information with your consent or at your direction.
We also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
4. ADVERTISING & ANALYTICS PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We engage others to provide analytics services and serve
advertisements across the web and in mobile apps. These entities may use
cookies, web beacons, device identifiers, and other technologies to collect
information about your use of our Service and other websites and
applications, including your IP address, web browser, mobile network
information, pages viewed, time spent on pages or in mobile apps, links
clicked, and conversion information. This information may be used by us and
others to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain
content, deliver advertising and content targeted to your interests on our
Service and other websites, and better understand your online activity. For
more information about interest-based ads, or to opt out of having your web
browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes, please visit
www.aboutads.info/choices or visit the "Do Not Sell My Personal Information”
link on our websites to opt out.
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (such as Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or the third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
5. YOUR CHOICES
- Communication Preferences. You may opt out of receiving text messages or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
- Other OpenStore Merchants. As described above, we share personal information with other merchants operated by OpenStore so that they can send you promotional communications. You may opt out of receiving these messages by following the instructions in those communications. If you would like to opt out of the sharing of your personal information across OpenStore’s merchants for such purposes, you may opt out by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Mobile Push Notifications. With your permission, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
- Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Service.
6. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.100 et seq.) (“CCPA”) provides consumers residing in California with certain rights with respect to their personal information. If you are a California resident, this section applies to you. In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers; categories of personal information described in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e); commercial information; Internet or other electronic network activity information; and inferences drawn from any of the categories identified above. For details about the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see the “Collection of Personal Information” section above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in the “How We Use Your Information” section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
|Category of Personal Information||Categories of Recipients|
|Personal information categories listed in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)||
|Internet or other electronic network activity||
|Professional or employment-related information||
|Inferences drawn from other personal information to create a profile about a consumer||
Additional Privacy Rights for California Residents
“Sales” of Personal Information under the CCPA. For purposes of the CCPA, we do not “sell” personal information, nor do we knowingly “sell” personal information about consumers under 16 years of age. We may, however, share information between and among other merchants owned and operated by OpenStore. We also allow our advertising partners to collect certain device identifiers and electronic network activity via our Services to show ads that are targeted to your interests. To opt out of having your personal information used for targeted advertising purposes, please see the “Advertising and Analytics Provided by Others” section above.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal information that may be occurring, and (4) not be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by contacting us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as asking you to answer questions regarding your account and use of our Services. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent and they do not provide a valid power of attorney, we may ask the authorized agent to provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request to exercise rights on your behalf. In the absence of a valid power of attorney, we may also require you to verify your own identity directly with us or confirm to us that you otherwise provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below.
7. SUPPLEMENTAL NOTICE FOR NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A. If you have any questions, please contact us as set forth below.
8. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Services are not directed to children under 13 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has uploaded personal information to our site without your consent, you may contact us as described in “Contact Us” below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account if applicable.
9. OTHER PROVISIONS
Third-Party Websites/Applications. The Services may contain links to other websites/applications and other websites/applications may reference or link to our Services. These third-party services are not controlled by us. We encourage our users to read the privacy policies of each website and application with which they interact. We do not endorse, screen, or approve, and are not responsible for, the privacy practices or content of such other websites or applications. Providing personal information to third-party websites or applications is at your own risk.
10. CONTACT US